Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hike

On Memorial Day we went to check out a local park. It has over 400 acres some of which contains a few baseball fields, playgrounds, disc golf course & concession stands. Over 300 acres is filled with hiking trails through the forest. It is beautiful. Even though it was hot we went to the playground to let the kids play. After about an hour we had our picnic. When we were done we went hiking on one of the trails. It was beautiful. We saw many new trees & flowers. I wish that I had paper & a pen on the hike so I could have written the names of them down. There were markers for the trees and we enjoyed learning about them. We walked for about 45 minutes to an hour. We were going to go longer but it was very humid and we knew a thunderstorm was on it's way. We hope to go back again soon.




















I wanted to get more pictures but my battery died on me. Next time for sure!
















No comments: