Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pancakes Galore!

I've been wanting to get back into cooking & freezing meals ahead of time. I used to do this years ago & it save a lot of time and money. Many refer to it as Once A Month Cooking. Coincidentally my friend Rhonda posted on her blog & Facebook page that she has been cooking up a storm of delicious meals & goodies. That inspired me even more especially after seeing the delicious things she was making!
I wanted to jump right in but soon realized we will have to wait for a shopping trip first. In the meantime I made a baby step in the right direction. I had ingredients for pancakes and spent yesterday making batch after batch of them.
We have 2 griddles & I soon had them busy at work.

Oh they smelled so good!

Another batch on & cooking!

Griddle #2
For the 2nd batch I tripled the recipe & added some wheat flour too.

Princess enjoyed a yummy lunch.

Trying to chew & smile at the same time is not an easy task. Lol!

All packaged up in freezer bags & ready for the freezer!
One tiny step towards easy meals!


Rhonda said...

Awww, thank you so much for mentioning me in your blog. You are too sweet. The pancakes are such a great idea. I can just taste them now full of warm butter and maple syrup. Ok, I may have to go off and make some for breakfast tomorrow. :0)

Mama Teaching 3 said...

YUMMY! We have started adding two bananas to the amount of mix we mix up, it is so yummy.