Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pancakes Galore!

I've been wanting to get back into cooking & freezing meals ahead of time. I used to do this years ago & it save a lot of time and money. Many refer to it as Once A Month Cooking. Coincidentally my friend Rhonda posted on her blog & Facebook page that she has been cooking up a storm of delicious meals & goodies. That inspired me even more especially after seeing the delicious things she was making!
I wanted to jump right in but soon realized we will have to wait for a shopping trip first. In the meantime I made a baby step in the right direction. I had ingredients for pancakes and spent yesterday making batch after batch of them.
We have 2 griddles & I soon had them busy at work.

Oh they smelled so good!

Another batch on & cooking!

Griddle #2
For the 2nd batch I tripled the recipe & added some wheat flour too.

Princess enjoyed a yummy lunch.

Trying to chew & smile at the same time is not an easy task. Lol!

All packaged up in freezer bags & ready for the freezer!
One tiny step towards easy meals!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Awww, thank you so much for mentioning me in your blog. You are too sweet. The pancakes are such a great idea. I can just taste them now full of warm butter and maple syrup. Ok, I may have to go off and make some for breakfast tomorrow. :0)

Mama Teaching 3 said...

YUMMY! We have started adding two bananas to the amount of mix we mix up, it is so yummy.