Sunday, July 24, 2011

Savings for School

Another Sunday afternoon of Back-to-School deals. Boy, I love it. I really do! It gives me a sense of satisfaction to fill up our school closet for the year for so little.
First we stopped by Staples. I had all the kids with me today since Dave was working. I have to say they did very well in the store and were a huge help. Sweet Pea even purchased some folders & a memory stick of her own. This is what I bought. A 7-pack of Zebra Z-grip retractable ball point pens (A free treat!), two 2-pks. of Bic White-Out (Great stuff!), two 2-pks. of Sharpie pens (Love these!) & 25 folders (Use these ALL the time!). Normally these would have cost me over $22. With my rebate I will have spent only $1.75. Savings? = A little over $20.


Our next stop was Office Depot. At first I wasn't going to stop but our visit to Staples was so quick I figured why not. Here I only bought was what on sale. I was very pleased that even though they had run out of the white board markers they were breaking up large packs & putting them in two's to offer more to customers. Now THAT'S good customer service! So I bought 6 white board markers & 3 pencil sharpeners. This was the maximum limit of each. The total would have been $11.94. I spent only 78 cents. A savings of $11.16 Nice!



Our last stop was Walgreens. I tried a different store this time. Though the cashier was very nice & helpful not one thing was priced correctly with the sale prices. It was hard to know which were the sale items. Definitely a pain. I kept sending Sweet Pea up to the cashier to check product & prices for us. She is a great help. After a lot of time we got out of there with all of this. I am still pleased with the savings. But I will definitely be going back to my store down the street.

Regular price total = $32.67 I paid = $8.31 Savings = $24.36

In the end that's $66.61 of school supplies for only $10.84. Who says it doesn't pay to shop the sales? Not me! Lol! =0)



4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow! You really saved a bunch! I really should start shopping for school supplies, but I keep putting it off. Sooner or later I am going to have to get my butt in gear. LOL!

Valerie McClintick said...

I love that you posted all these! We did Staples, and Office Depot this year, and I was working up the energy to post all the goodies we got!

Good to know about Walgreens, thanks!

:) Valerie

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Awesome! :) I need to pick up a few more things.

~Jenn~ said...

Score! You did an amazing job with these deals!