Thursday, May 20, 2010

From Sulking to Success

We were working on Elvis' Wordly Wise. Here is how he started:

Happy & eager to start

Then the frustration............

........and the mini fits.
After I showed him how silly he sounded and looked he began to relax a bit. I told him if he kept up saying, "I can't! I can't!" then he was only making himself fail. If he told himself "I can!" then he would tap into his smart brain and begin to succeed. After some struggling he finally turned the corner. And guess who was waiting for him there? SUCCESS!


YES!
He finished the previously labeled impossible and did a fantastic job!




3 comments:

Rhonda said...

WTG Elvis! You can do this little man!

Julia said...

WTG, Elvis! I just love those faces LOL

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Hee hee...I loved the play by play!!! Isn't that SO how it goes? Just think...we get to be there for it!