Saturday, May 1, 2010

Here We Go Again!





We are having storms again this weekend. This round has actually been worse for us. We had at least 3 Tornado Warnings and camped out in our "Safe Place" which is our bathroom. The rest of the time we been under a Tornado Watch or Severe Thunderstorm Warning. I am deeply thankful for our weather radio but I have to say each time that alarm goes off a part of me is terrified. I have to stuff it down because of course I am the mama. I know if I go off then the kids will react and do the same. Plus I need to trust God has us in the palm of His hand. Nothing will happen to us that He isn't in control of.

With this storm we have had record amounts of flooding. Middle TN has already received 8-10 inches just today. It is hard to wrap my mind around that even when I see the pictures on television. We've seen cars almost fully immeresed in the flood waters. It baffles me that people continued to go out onto the roads even after the almost non-stop warnings. Our poor neighbors have a lake for their backyard. Normally it would only be a nuisance but this is wrecking their foundation. Dave went over this evening to help our neighbor dig a run-off ditch.

Tomorrow we are expecting more of the same and I am not looking forward to it one bit. I'm praying I can get some sleep tonight. I have Bob, our weather radio, on and ready.


Our neighbors yard flooded. It got crazy when the water started going over their driveway

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Praying for your safety through all of those storms. So much flooding. :0(