Sunday, April 29, 2012

New Raised Beds

We now have two more raised beds.  Yippee!  I'm hoping & praying that this means we will have more fresh veggies this summer.  And some to store away for winter too.

Dave made this long one over by the fence.  It is at the end of one of our original beds.  We agreed to make it not as wide as the original two.  This way it will be easier to weed & harvest.
-
I planted it this morning. 

I planted 3 different types of tomato plants. The space that looks blank is where I planted cilantro & parsley. The area in front of the tomato plants I used to plant lettuce seeds. There are a couple of broccoli plants in front of the smaller tomato plants. I'm trying hard not to waste any space.

Dave came home from church & and started making a 4th raised bed. The plan was to put it on the back of the house.  He made it the same measurements as the other new one.


We soon realized that one of the wires to the shed ran under most of the raised bed.  Because of this we decided to move it to the opposite side of the yard.  Sweet Pea, Dave & I all strained to carry it across the yard.  That thing was heavy!

Boo Bear & I filled it up with lots of soil.  It took quite a few bags to fill it up. 

Here it is all planted.  Whew!

Better Boy tomatoes from Lowes are on the end.

The seeds I planted are lettuce, spinach, Morning Glories, sunflowers, watermelon, zucchini, green beans & peas.  Praying hard!


2 comments:

~Jenn~ said...

I am LOVING this! Awesome job family! Can't wait to see them all fill in!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I want updates on these babies!!!