Friday, October 7, 2011

Rose Marie


It's been 7 years but it doesn't seem to matter how much time has passed. Every year on this day it all comes rushing back. It hits me like a giant wave knocking me down. The grief. The tears. The missing piece of my heart. There are years I don't realize why until I look at the calendar. And then I know. It's October 7th. The day we lost our little Rose Marie. The day she slipped away and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't grab on & keep her with us. I begged. I pleaded. But she was called to Heaven.
My only comfort is that she is with my Jesus. And that one day I will finally be allowed to hold her, to cuddle her & to kiss her sweet face. I often wonder who would she have favored? Would she look like me? Would she have her Daddy's eyes? Our sense of humor? A twinkle in her eye like her brother? A soft spot for all the hurting like her sister? One day I hope to have these answers. No matter how many years go by the grief never completely leaves. Tears still fall. The ache is still there. A piece of my heart is forever missing. For now I'll keep loving her, keep missing her, keep working to make her proud of her Mama & wishing for the day we are reunited.

I love you, Rose Marie and miss you every day. One day we will be together. I promise.
All my love,
Hugs & kisses,
Mama


No comments: