Monday, June 11, 2012

Remember to Love

I posted this on my Facebook page this morning. It's something that has been on my heart for several days. My heart was especially heavy this morning hence the post. I have to be honest & admit I was disappointed at how few responded. I find it very sad that more didn't stand up & speak out. Or at least dip a toe in and agree. But on a good note I am very proud of my friends that did stand up. My friend Rhonda, for instance. She brought tears to my eyes with her beautiful response. And my friend Bonny who made me want to stand up and cheer.  Let's not forget Kevin & Kendra.  Thank you! Or Melissa, Angie, Karen and my sweet girls. Cheers to you my brave friends!
Here is my post from today. I hope you it touches your heart & opens your eyes to those around you. I know it did for me.  

No matter how many years I live on this Earth I will never, ever understand why some get such a thrill from being cruel to others. I see children picking on others. Calling them names, leaving them out or snubbing them because for some reason or another they are not considered cool or good enough to be included. Sadly I see the same behavior from adults. Those that get pleasure from others pain. Purposely leaving others out, staying in their little circle and refusing to let anyone else in. Gossiping behind backs but smiling to their faces. Remember to love as God loves. I'm posting this as my verse to read each morning to remind me to love not based on what I feel but on God's example......""Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 from the New International Version Bible reminds us that one of the benefits of kindness is love." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVjbo8dW9c8&feature=share   
Don't Laugh At Me sung by Mark Wills

2 comments:

louness03 said...

you just keep your heart soft, kristine, and able to give love....thats all that matters!<3

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I never liked how people did this. I think children learn from their parents this response. Good for you for speaking up!!!