Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Deck the Halls

It's always fun decorating the Christmas tree. The kids had been chomping at the bit to get to ours this year. I have to admit they were very good about all the postponements.
We always put Christmas carols on the radio or CD player and get to work. My job is to hand out the ornaments to the correct owners. The kids have been given a special ornament every year since they were born. We have quite the collection now! Dave's Dad always makes them a homemade ornament too, (They are awesome!), and my Mom usually picks one up for each of the kids. Dave & I have a few from our childhood. There are even a few for Rose Marie. I love how our Christmas tree is a reflection of all of us as a family.


Getting started


Mommy passes out the ornaments.


Mommy & Elvis


Daddy & Bugs

Cozy & Comfy


Sassy loved the ornaments.......

.......and the paper they were wrapped in.

Boo reaches high.

Bugs felt like a big boy on the step stool.

Love the face!

He was really into decorating this year.


A grinning Elvis


After we were finished with the ornaments I had the kids line up under the tree to pose for the yearly photos. Believe it or not I edited out quite a few. =)



My Favorite Shot



I can't help but smile when I look at this one.


Clowning Around for Mommy

This pose was Sweet Pea's idea.


And this pose was Daddy's idea.

Hanging out after all the fun & excitement.



No comments: