Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Envelope Please..............

I've had a few people ask how the homemade laundry detergent worked out. Thank you for all the interest! I am happy to report it worked well. The clothes smell & look clean. With my 1st load of wash I only found 2 "problems". I put "problems" in quotes b/c they were easily resolved so I'm not sure if they would be classified as full fledged problems. Anyway, I found out that #1 The homemade detergent WILL freeze when left on the back porch. I have been leaving a jug of it in my kitchen overnight to help avoid this problem. #2 I found I needed to add more water to my homemade detergent. It was one, big glob & it wouldn't come out of the laundry detergent jug. Maybe that's why they scoop theirs out of a large container on the homestead blog. I'm not sure. I'm also wondering if it happened b/c I divided it into containers. I was glad that the solution was easy. I just added a couple cups of water and shook it all really hard. Wa-la! It poured out after that. Success!

Has anyone else tried the recipe or a similar one? I'd love to hear about it.

BTW, I discovered this link about the history Ivory soap and found it to be very interesting!
http://www.essortment.com/ivorysoaphisto_rlzw.htm

No comments: